Jump to content
Foil for Crankbaits
2 replies to this topic
Posted 27 August 2005 - 08:51 PM
I have a couple questions about foiling crankbaits ...
What is the best type foil to use on wood crankbaits ? Also where are you getting it at.
Are you sealing your baits before applying the foil ?
Are you applying clearcoat over foil before painting ?
Posted 27 August 2005 - 09:11 PM
1. seal the wood bait first yes. then sand when dry
2. apply the Foil tape like you use on duct work (the shiny foil kind not dull grey duct tape)
3. cover the tape with clear and when dry sand again.
4. paint the back and belly, and or apply transparent paints over the foil.
Or at least thats how i do it
Posted 27 August 2005 - 09:19 PM
5. would be to clear over the paint, in case its not assumed lol