russ

need advise on this compressor?

would this compressor be good for airbrushing ?

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=47407

what about this airbrush?ive read somewhere the harbor freight brushes are good.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=47407

also would i have to buy a moisture trap/regulator for this and if so to those that used or have this one do you know where and what model number to get? thanks in advance.

OH one more thing what else could this compressor be used for?

I have seen that compressor in person, but I have no personal experience with it.

If you sign up for online emails with Harbour Freight they will send 20% off coupons via email that you can print out and take to a retail store for purchase with one item. You can also purchase very reasonable, extended warranties while there, around $10 for a yr or 2...its hard to go wrong at that cost & deal.

Good luck

My big expensive compressor crapped out on me last year, so i headed to Walmart and got their $69.00 one that looks almost like that and its been working fine for several months now. I havent even taken my moisture trap off of the good one and moved it over and its been doing great. No water in the lines as of yet (i guess when it does i'll move the trap lol). Air is air Its either Dry or Wet, but its still just air. If you can afford an expensive compressor great, but its not necessary to have.

I would not suggest a super cheap airbrush though, as that will not work for crap. The two links you posted were both of the compressor so i dont know what airbrush you posted, but I would suggest an Iwata Eclipse which you can get into with a hose and ready to go for around $75.00. Badger also makes some good cheap airbrushes, but I personally think Iwata is much better brushes, though the parts for them are more expensive.

My first compressor was a chinese Central Pneumatic that put out max 30 psi, 2cfm and will do about 15 constant psi when running a Paasche VL airbrush. I recently got a better, more powerful Badger compressor that runs at 30-45 psi constant pressure. The Central Pneumatic worked OK but more pressure is sometimes better up to a reasonable level (maybe 50 psi?). A big thing to consider is where you will use the airbrush. If it's a garage, a pancake compressor may be a good choice. If it's in the house, a dedicated airbush compressor runs quietly, being designed for use in nail salons and art studios. I transferred my gauge and water trap to the Badger and it filters out lots of water when used in the garage where there's high humidity in the summer. Can't think what you'd use a dedicated airbrush compressor for, except airbrushing. A larger pancake compressor can be used for a bunch of stuff, from pumping up your tires to running air tools like nailers and paint sprayers.

At work, we bought that same exact compressor from the same company. We're on our second one in three months. All we use it for is to blow out lint and dust in heat sinks in laptops. They tend to clog up on several models causing shutdown. It's not used anymore than I use the little one I bought for my airbrush...but it sure crapped out a lot quicker.