tomcat

substitute plactic colors

i decided to experiment with my wifes bob ross oil paint colors to see how they would work. being that it comes out like toothpaste i mixed about a 1/8 inch of paint with about 2 table spoons of plastic softener to get it to a liquid so i could use it in my dropper bottle. worked very well about 10 to drops in a 1/4 cup of plastic got these colors for me blue,orange,brown hopefully i can figure out how to post

op2_473.jpg

op2_473.jpg

op2_473.jpg

op2_473.jpg

op2_473.jpg

op2_473.jpg

op2_473.jpg

op2_473.jpg

1632_thumb.attach

I never tried oil paints, are they bright and glossy like the worm colors?

Ive used liquid candle dies in the past and they have worked really good, They run about the same price as worm colors.

I have also used the hard wax color blocks but they dont mix too well with the plastic, you have to make sure you stir it up very well. they do work but not as good.

Delw

to answer a few of ?'s

it was something i wanted to try i was wanting some blue chunks and brown and that was in her paint bucket

as for cost a 1.25oz tube is 5 to 8 bucks the orange that was alexander oil paint not bob ross. 2 oz of lure color is 4 bucks or a little more. i made half that with the 1/8 inch blob of paint and 2 tablespoons of softner.

the colors are bright and glossy mine are a little translucent/transparent in the tails but that the way i wanted them

smell i just went a grabbed a tube of the paint not really any smell to it all nothing harsh like spraypaint or such.i also checked my chunks i spray my molds with garlic pam and thats all i smell right now in the bag.

one advantage for me with the art store here in town they have about every color and shade under the rainbow. don't know if they will bleed or not i'm going to put all 3 colors in a zip lock and leave them on my truck dash and see what happens.plus i want to try it with some hardner and see how that works to just need to order some

hope i answered everthing

justin