Jump to content

- - - - -

Photo finish

  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Brett



  • TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 07:28 AM

Need some advice, I did a photo finish that turned out fantastic, used my bubble jet printer and just regular paper. Problem is the print faded from the sun after a year. Can anyone with experience advise me on what to use for greater longevity?

#2 Camel1918



  • TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 11:32 PM


I pretty sure my printer has special ink for pictures that I think is rated for a number of years. I haven't looked into it because the regular ink is doing fine for what I want. But I'm fairly certain that it is rated to keep its color for a number of years. Now I don't know if that is only if it is printed on photo paper or not. You might look into it. I have a HP PSC 2355 but I'm certain a lot of their printers now have two different types of ink you can get photo and regular.
Hope this helps some.

#3 Terrydabassman


    Advanced Member

  • TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 10:53 AM

All you have to do is protect your prints from he get go.
After your printing is finihsed and dry, spray a coat or two of " Krylon Workable Fixatif|1306" and they will never smuge or fade.
(Available at Wally World)