submission

book recommendations

i currently pour my own soft plastics and am looking into getting started carving jerkbaits and crankbaits. i was wondering if anybody had a book (or books) that they would recommend before i get started? i have a lot of questions about shape, weighting, and painting and i think a good book would be a good place to start (as well as this site). thanks

Eric

Submission, I'm sure there are some excellent books you can buy to help and someone here probably could recommend some,but if you will use the knowledge base here and do a search on all of the old forums I'm sure you will find all of the information you need and it comes from some of the best tackle crafters you will find anywhere.As I told someone before who was asking a similar question,when I first got started at this I was reading books and getting information anywhere I could find it and not getting anywhere with my skills,but after going thru the knowledge base here and asking for advice on different stages of bait building I basically started over and have learned more from these guys in three months than I had in the previous six by reading books.I hate to send you straight to the search instead of just putting you on some books,but I think you will be pleased with what you learn that way and its easier to grasp when you take it one step at a time and dont get in a hurry.