Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
barramundi

Clip on trebles

2 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Has anyone out there used or is currently using clip on trebles? I've seen some V.M.C.model 4650 on the 'Stamina'web site but they are a bronze finish.I see a lot of newcomers having any amount of trouble trying to use split rings and pliers.If they are as strong as ordinary trebles I'd like to give them a go but I'am having trouble locating them in Austalia.

Regards Barramundi

Hi all' date='

Has anyone out there used or is currently using clip on trebles? I've seen some V.M.C.model 4650 on the 'Stamina'web site but they are a bronze finish.I see a lot of newcomers having any amount of trouble trying to use split rings and pliers.If they are as strong as ordinary trebles I'd like to give them a go but I'am having trouble locating them in Austalia.

Regards Barramundi[/quote']

One thing you can do is cut a slot in the eye of your trebles with a Dremel type tool, with a cutting disk. You can then apply the hook to the lure and crimp the eye closed. It will not come undone, I promise. Some makes sell Tinned, steel hooks this way. Here's a link on the subject;

Mike P

http://www.stripersonline.com/ubb547/ultimatebb.php/topic/11/3757.html