chas48

Tool for jig skirts?

Not sure how I didn't think of this. i bought a tool that looks just like this a few months ago. This really makes me think. I have some old aluminum arrow shafts at home and some glue in knock receivers. if i would just get all the glue off them so they would go in and out really nice i think it would work too.

thanks for making me think

I use a piece of a large diameter arrow shaft with a matching dia. field tip that is screwed into a insert but not glued into the arrow so it can be easily removed I have tried various lube for sliding the bands on and i think alcohol or pam cooking spray works best I like the alchohol because it evaporates quick

Oh yeah you will need a piece of wire longer than the shaft to fish the skirt through

I use the same tool as you Mark.  It is the best tool in my opinion.  I also use the O-rings and you can buy them from fishing supply sources for around $5 for 50 or you can just get a 500pc bag here for $3.62  the part # is 006 N70.  You can even get a 2000pc bag for $14.49.  Get all of your O-rings from here because they are so cheap.