Hoodaddy

Glitter

Would like to try experimenting with some glitter again but,I have a few ?.What kind works best?,where do I get it?,and do you feel the glitter through the clear coat?also at what point do you add it? It seems to me that a very fine glitter added to the clear is what is mostly used. Thanks

Senkosam..(you'll find him on the soft plastics forum)probably has the largest selection of glitter at the best prices around.I find that fine glitter generally looks the best.You may want too play around with some of the spray on glitters aswell.

I don't mix my glitter in my top coat...i mix mine with a little polyacrilic,and apply it.If i need alittle more,I can apply a second coat...It can be a little more difficult too do that if you mix it with your top coat..Nathan

I've tried a couple kinds of glitter and it always seemed a little coarse,except for a product called diamond dust and it was so fine it looked like powder, if you just kind of sprinkled it in the air it would just float down real slow.Man did that stuff make a mess.I'll take a look at what SenkoSam has and yes there is a Micheals right up the road,I'll check them out too.The spray glitter sounds interesting but it sounds like it takes a little practice.Unless I wanted to make an all glitter bait.Oh no,dont get me thinking crazy thoughts....Thanks Guys

I've tried a couple kinds of glitter and it always seemed a little coarse,except for a product called diamond dust and it was so fine it looked like powder, if you just kind of sprinkled it in the air it would just float down real slow.Man did that stuff make a mess.I'll take a look at what SenkoSam has and yes there is a Micheals right up the road,I'll check them out too.The spray glitter sounds interesting but it sounds like it takes a little practice.Unless I wanted to make an all glitter bait.Oh no,dont get me thinking crazy thoughts....Thanks Guys