scoop10

Minwix Polycrylic

I have used it. I dipped the lure and let dry about 30 mins then dip again. I repeat this about 5 or 6 times and it builds up real nice. I dries hard after several days and has not yellowed in a year. I heard polycrylic can soften in water but I have not had that problem. I did not use the baits for almost a month and did not keep them in the water for hours on end. I think prolonged curing time of a week or more is necessary.

With that being said, I now only use it on low end plastic baits that I give away to kids. These lures have a life of a day or so before they end up in a tree or hooked to a stump so I don't put a lot into them.

It is only a little more work to top coat with Devcon and your worries go away.

I bought a can of Pelucid last year.A guy I know sold me on it by taking a bait and throwing it on his driveway several times without scratching it up.( I know ,sounds too good to be true)Here comes the but, I transfered a small amt.in to a small mason jar and when finished using it covered the top with cling wrap before placing the lid back on TIGHT,and placing it in the fridge.It still set up on me.plus I had some problems with the paint running on me with ONLY certain colors??? Mostly reds and purples.I was painting w/oils at the time so I switched to acrylics and SAME THING.I has a real high gloss and seems like it is plenty tough enough and the fact that it is one part was great.I use a product from a hobby store called finish up,or finish coat for clear coat on boats.The Pelucid works fine over another epoxy,but why would you need to do it w/2 different products? Its not real expensive so give it a try maybe you'll have better luck.