Terrydabassman

Big fat Finger Prints

Terry, what I do is keep a roll of paper towels and a trash can within reach whenever i'm glueing lips--I use E-tex for clearcoat, so I set my lips first with 2-ton and keep wiping the excess while setting. Because I'm not clearcoating immediately after setting the lip, I can keep a good grip on the lure while cleaning the edge where lure and lip meet--and I keep cleaning and positioning until I'm satisfied. I also naturally, have alcohol and a heavy rag on hand to wipe my fingers, but I'm careful not to get alcohol on the paint--I also shoot a little clear around the nose area and the lip slot, and dry it as a little extra insurance to protect the paint before I set the lip. Just take your time, you shouldn't have a problem. If you end up mixing epoxy for one lip at a time, that is still much better than screwing up several lures when you're practically finished with them. I wear a glove for painting, but I can't use them for glueing either.

Dean

On these baits, you can clearcoat the lips and they won't look to bad.

Scuff them up to remove the shine snd lightly clearcoat.

In the future hold the bait by the tail , straight up, any extra clearcoat will run down the bait away from the lip. Apply clearcoat around the belly hook hanger.

Hold it with hemostat and finish clearcoating.

Coley

If you're talking polycarbonate (Lexan), you can clean epoxy off with naphta if you get it before it cures. Other solvents like acetone or lacquer thinner will cloud it but naphta doesn't. Naphta is the main ingredient of lighter fluid but I've only used the stuff sold at home centers.