TBait

Looking for Skeeter's baits??? Cant find

Hey Skeeter, how about posting some pics of your baits. I am curious about the designs. I did a search on the hardbait forum under your name and got 58 pages of return posts, all the way back to 2003. I am interested in seeing some of your cast like a bullet designs. Am I doing the search incorrectly or havent you posted many pics of your baits? I saw a pic of the standard "skeeter" deep diver...but I am looking for the other baits that cover the 3-15 feet range. Or are these designs a secret?

Mike

Tbait,

No, they are not a secret. But the two pictures that are on pg. 58 in the photos is all that I have posted. Those baits were made 3 years ago. I still make them. The one on the bottom is a bait that will run 6 ft. The other coffin lips will run 10 ft. all on 12lb. line. Are you wanting to make a flat or round bait? If you give me a more precise depth that you are trying to hit I would be to help you out in any way that I can. Let me know. I can mail you some pictures of some of the baits that I have made. They are not very good pictures, but you can get an idea. PM me your email address and I will send them to you.

Skeeter

Tbait, you are now hooked up to find out the ins and outs of cranks and crank-making. Here is a link on a bait I made. I am not bragging on me, but bragging on Skeeter and his knowledge and willing to help me out. He won't hand it to you, you will have to put in some time, but you will learn a ton about cranks.......I did!!! By the way the lure in this link does cast like a bullet and you can cast it a country mile and it does not tumble.

http://www.tackleunderground.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=4429&highlight=testing+tallys

Tally

Here's a pic of a Skeeter's lure from a proud owner. Wish i have all the other versions as well (hint hint :wink: LOL )

small.jpg

click on image for the larger version (Note: the scratches on lips and body are entirely my doing :P :oops: , nothing to do with the maker.)

U'll have to get him to tell u what it is :D but I assure u it's GOOOOOD :!: :!: :-D

Oh and I'd like to add, making a good custom lure design is not just about copying a shape/profile & stuff, it's what's inside that counts, from weighting to the custom lip itself, everything is designed to function as a whole. Cobbling a look alike out is not custom lure making. Skeeter sure is the custom lure master here!!!!

Skeeter, how thick are your baits? from 3-20 feet? Are these around 3/4 inch?

How would you weight a bait that is 3/8 inch thick, without making it sink?But yet still have it cast like a bullet, without tumbling.

You see , here on the Ohio River and surrounding lakes, your bait would end up scaring fish. Our fish require a smaller presentation...Of course our fish around here arent much larger than your bait. Downsize is the word around here.

It is easy to see how you could weight your bait a whole bunch without sinking it. There is over double the flotation from twice the amount of balsa or whatever type of wood.

The heavier the bait the easier it is to cast.

If you dont get the bites....whats the point?