Muskiefool

Some miosture

A few years ago my dad cut down a cedar tree that was in their front yard and made home sawed 1x4's, 1x6's, etc. He wanted to make picture frames and crafts stuff out of it. He dried the cedar in a non-heated shed over the winter. I told him it probably wasn't the best way to dry the wood - but he was a stubborn old German....had to do it his way. Afterwards, half the wood you couldn't work with, it warped and split like crazy. It was kinda sad because the cedar was nice a looking wood. Anyways, the neighbor down the road did woodworking and did various home cut woods. He had a special heated/ ventilated shed for his wood to dry. Not saying you should build a shed, just saying you should put the wood in a warm and ventilated area. Don't rush it- it might take awhile for it to dry.

Balsa.....High humidity.

Seal the bait with 1 coat Etex. Begin painting.... and apply second coat of etex.....now torch to remove bubbles..... I have had the bait sealed with first coat of Etex almost explode due to the heat from the torch expanding the moisture under the first coat of etex. They will crack to let the humidity expand.

Everything needs to be dry, really dry.

I saw a bunch of handmades at BPS yesterday that were cracking and the paint was peeling off of baits priced at $22.95 each.

Not sure but it sounds like a humidity problem as well.

The clerk said they were all starting to do it, he threw them in a basket and took them to the back room.

Time is the best medicine for this I think, I looked for info on drying wood it sounds like time is the best way for soft wood, I'm looking for more wood now, hopefully a bit drier, Thanks for all your input guys saves me a bunch of misery, you cant rush some things, I guess mother nature is one of those things.