Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishy2

16 lb foam from Finland ?

15 posts in this topic

Hi guys! Im dying to try out the 16 lb foam to make my gliders, but seems that its IMPOSSIBLE to get that stuff from Finland. www.shopmaninc.com doesnt reply to my e-mails about shipping! :( If anyone knows supplier that will ship small orders please let me know...

I attached few photos of my gliders, they are 15cm long and weights about... 75-80g (slow sinking).

1.jpg2.jpg

That perch color has caught more than 40 pikes so far, i got bout 15 more colors but that perch just seems to be the best. I use concrete lacquer called LV-1 and it seems to hold fine against aggressive pike attacks.

Sorry bout my bad English! :oops:

Try looking up "Composite Material" suppliers locally, especially ones who supply small boat builders as this type of foam is used as hull filler in many recreational crafts.

Go here, http://www.signfoam.com.

Go under the main menu and look for request samples. You should initially receive 3, 1'x 1' samples of various densities. The samples will be marked by weight and be in different colors. Their SF3 is second to none and they are awesome to deal with.

Yep, I saw that when I went to the drop down box...hopefully it will work for you. If it doesnt, let me know & I'll see if I can export some blocks your way.

Fishy,

Try doing a search for Balsa Foam. They make a I, II, and III with different densities. The highest is around 22 lbs. I know there are some arts/crafts stores online that sell it.

that action is awesome hands down. Some questions for you on pike baits. What kind of bodies and stuff. Wanna make a christmas present for my great aunt that lives in Canada who pike fishes and I have not one clue about it since here living in the south where its too hot for pike.

Chris

Don't worry about your english; you're doing just fine. Just be happy we don't try Finnish. :rolleyes:

I use European Alder as a body in those jerks, which is lightweight and doesn't crack if some water gets into it. Screw-eyes etc. ordered from Stamina... I bet there has been allot topics about weighting gliders in here, which is the most important thing.

Some new design... 12cm, haven't weighted em yet. "vibrates" nicely when sinking and jerked.

bellyt.jpg