Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dvowell

Blue colored treble hooks

8 posts in this topic

Greetings all,

I have what may be a strange question. Is there any source for blue-colored treble hooks? I have a guy who wants a special bait made, but he wants blue treble hooks instead of red, bronze or what have you.

If anyone can help me out with this, I'd be highly appreciative. Thanks in advance.

-Danny

Are you talking about black nickel or blue like the blueing of a gun?

If you are talking about "blue" the only ones I know of are "off-shore" and are very cheap quality.

I believe in giving the customer what he wants; but "I" draw the line at what quality goes into the product. Most times customers won't notice when everything works well, but you and everybody else will hear about it if it doesn't.

Nova,

I agree completely with you on the quality issue, but I also know this bait will never be fished with. It's going to be a desk ornament done in the guy's alma mater colors.

I appreciate all the responses so far, though.

If it's not going too be fished,spray paint them..They have some interesting chrome looking blue spray paints at some of the craft stores..Be sure to paint over a tinned,or chrome hook for best color..Nathan

I was wondering about some of the powder paints...but I might try the blue spike-it dip. It's something I would tend to use for myself from time to time as well.

Great ideas, gang! Thanks a ton!

-Danny