Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RiverMan

Big Baits, Big Fish?

9 posts in this topic

goliathandturmoil.jpg

The top bait is 16" long, 1.4 inches wide and weighs 1 pound 5 ounces without hooks. The Turmoil on the bottom is 7 inches long for comparison. Wanted to show you the whole bait but it wouldn't fit on my scanner, lol.

Jed V.

Thanks for the positive feedback. The lure is so big that I just can't imagine casting it. It does have a wonderful huge glide to it though. The big bait will easily glide 2 or 3 feet each direction! With all that weight once it gets going it keeps going! Fun to build too. It's so much easier to paint something this size, could have used a paint roller, lol.

Jed V.

Did U go to the auto body shop & borrow their spray-gun Jed? :P Good job as usual, time to get my GT popper rod out from the closet, my regular crankbait rods won't stand a chance against that monster bait 8O Oh don't be surprise if u get a small fish on that bait LOL, my record was a 2in sebarau (jungle perch) on a 2 3/4in lure :rolleyes:

Nice work, River. I was just reading an article about how few really huge baits are out there for the musky freaks.

Beautiful as usuall Jed,you definatley filled the "big bait" void with that one..Nathan

ya i gotta laff jed. i bet it was johnny huh. i believe they big baits have a place BUT look at the record muskies and what they were caught on.. sure is fun making them cause its easier to detail them.