Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
joshargenbright

New To Lure Making and Have a Couple Questions....

4 posts in this topic

I am brand new to lure making and I was just curious if you all could help answer some questions that I have about the art...

1) What is the best type of wood to use?
2)Do you know a good place to by the little pieces I need... such as spoons, hooks, etc? Maybe a catalog I can order or something similar other than making a trip to Bass Pro?

I normally use basswood for my lures. I'm sure the fellows on here will give you some other ideas. As for the lure components, I order most of my hardware from Jans Netcraft. You can do a Google search and find Jan's easily. Hope this helps!

I would do like wsswesty said and go to jannsnetcraft.com. They have great deals I gave them a try week before last and it was quick and simple only took a few days to get them. As for wood I have been experimenting with poplar and it is easy to work with if you have a rotary tool. You can make some great poppers out of it. Hope this helps you in getting started.

go look at staminainc.com as well.

unfortunately, Jann's offers some stuff that Stamina doesn't and vice versa. I like Stamina's stick-on eyes. For whatever reason, they lay a lot flatter than those from Jann's. Stamina also sells some precut Lexan. Jann's has some injection molded lips.