bc29627

Airbrush Help!!

Guys,

I am just getting started with a Paasche H series brush and am using the createx paint with both the fine and the medium needles. I am very please with the progress I am making on my baits. However I have a few questions.

1. I always test on a piece of scrap wood to see what the pattern I am shooting looks like. Sometimes it looks great on the wood but then the paint stops flowing. I open the needle up a little more and it will start flowing again and then stop. Any ideas???

2. Some of the Createx airbrush colors "splatter" really bad. Do I need to thin this paint?

Thanks in advance for your help!

The closest faucet has the least expensive, an effective and quickest solution to dilute acrylic paints. Createx has a pro-grade acrylic medium that will do the job. Adding either one will require more layers to bring out the color, but you'll avoid the dry paint obstructions. One thing you might want to try is learning with transparent paints. They generally are thinner and can produce any tone with the least headache. Good luck.

You've received a lot of good info on your question. One other thing you might want to consider is concentrating on the medium tip instead of the fine if you are going to use Createx. Fine needles are to be used with inks and really watered down paints. I tried using thinned Createx with the fine tip and it splattered badly. Switched to the medium and it did fine. Hope this helps.