BRYCE

Tips for a fist time airbrusher

Hi all :D I just finished my first hard bait and sealed it per the tutorial by Tally. Now I am ready to paint. I picked up an airbrush from my brother in law this weekend and am not sure where to start. So I have a few Questions

1) I don't have a Hobby shop near my house, but I do have a craft store. Would I be able to get the paint their? Or should I make the hour and a half drive?

2)What type of paint should I buy? Oil based or water based?

3)What are some good colors to start out with?

4)Got any tips in general to help a beginner out?

This is kind of off the topic but one more and I'm done...

5) I can only find "Dev-con 2Ton" in the five min curing time. Where can I pick up the 30min stuff. And how should I apply the stuff.

Thanks for the help. Bryce.

Best thing I can tell you is head for the craft store and buy a few basic colors that you will use on many baits. Black, pearl, white, chartreuse, yellow, red should be a pretty good start. Buy water colors, especially starting out. Easy to thin down if you need to and clean up is a snap. Then get about 10 old baits that you want to paint and well.....paint. Do what ever you think looks good. Here's the best part, with the water based paints if it doesn't come out the way you want just dunk it in a cup of water and wipe it off. You've got a clean bait that's ready to go again. I always shoot a good primer coat before so I don't have to redo that but otherwise I love the water based paints because of this, If I screw up I just to it again! Once you are happy with how your controling the brush and basic paint colors you can go wild.