Shmang

MF Brown/Grape Changeable Colorant

Anyone have any good experience with this color? I am interested in making some "Peanut butter Jelly" color for some beavers and I was wondering if this might get me started in the right direction.

The changeable aspect looks to be cool to me in that it could modify as sunlight hits it.

Let me know

Thanks and take care

There is a neat little color that I discovered a couple years ago while farting around with brown grape. If you add 2 drops of brown with 10 drops of brown grape in 4 ounces of plastic, the color is really amazing. Looks like the grape is coated with a light brown, as if you were to drop a grape popsicle in thin chocolate. Very cool color.

Sorry to butt in guys. Carry on. :)

I was playing wtih some colorants and took some Lure Craft Natural worm colorant and watermelon from LureCraft and was experimenting on trying to come up with a green pumpkin.

Looked good in the pan. Well when you pour you see brown but when it's cooled and you hold it up to the light. It's translucent and as you pass it across the light it goes from browm to Watermelon back to brown.

IF the light is directly behind the worm you can see the Watermelon and tinges of brown on the sides of the worm. When the light is from the sides the worm looks brown. Pretty neat and purple glitter gives it another hue in the mix. Just some food for thought.

LC's natural is a color that I use a lot for changeable colors. It works with almost any color.

Great point Nova. The natural color is very underrated and often overlooked. I believe it was one of LC's first colors, and it's still one of the best.

sotoole.......

as for changeable colors, you might also try some of the hi-lite powders. They are made to enhance and/or offset some of the main colors.

Changeable means that the color of the plastic changes depending on the light. This does this because of the color, not what you mix in it. The colors are motor oil (changeable) and brown grape (changeable) Just mix either of these colors in your plastic and you have a color changing bait. Hope this explains it for you. Later<>< <>< <>< <>< Jack

Shawn, take a color like Junebug, you look at it straight on and it is a dark, almost black but hold it up to the light and it is a deep purply grape. This is a small degree of changeable colorant. Now if you can find a true motor oil color, you will see it looks almost like green pumpkin but when the light hits it at different anglers, it appears to have other highlights that come out.

Earth and Jack....

Thanks a bunch...... you guys have been great. I'm sure I'll have tons of questions, so I apologize ahead of time... lol. Like this one: Anyone have an idea about how to get a chartreuse tail on the stick baits without dripping the chartreuse along the side of the mold while doing the initial pour? (short of an absolute perfect pour right down the gut of the mold?) ;)