need a working station

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tschneid83

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 01:23 PM

Ok here is the problem. I am a poor college kid who shares a place with 2 other guys in a small 3 bedroom apartment. I dont have any where to work on my lures. I was wondering if you have any ideas how to build a workstation of some sort that will not throw sawdust all over the apartment. I have room in my bedroom for maybe a 2x3 ft table. I only have a scroll saw, some hand tools and a dremel to work with so i dont need a huge workstation. Please keep in mind i am a poor college kid and i need to keep the dust to a minimum. Any help would be great. I thought about building a cheap table with some 2x4's and cutting a hole in the middle of the table and stick a shop vac there but then it would be noisy so i am not sure what to do.

#2 Big Splash

Big Splash

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 03:05 PM

Some of the work ( like dremel)could be done under a plexiglass covered box with holes in one side to insert your hands/ tools to work(like a sand-blasters box). hook up a shop vac to this workstation to help keep the dust down. Biger shop-vacs are sometimes quieter than the econo model. You could sound insulate the shop vac too.