BRYCE

Home made spray booth

The two fans are 4'' 120VAC electrical panel cooling fans.

The front is a lexan sheet that I cut about 6" off the bottom.

On the top is a 24'' fluorescent light.

I sealed the whole box except for the bottom 6'' Where your arms go in,

and the fan ports.

I was wondering.... If I put a filter element on the opposite wall of the fans will it even suck any air through? Should I bother putting a filter on the box at all?

Coley,

I only use water based paints for now. But you are right Ill need to get different fans for other types of paint. Thanks.

LaPala,

Good links. Thanks. I wish I had them before I started mine. Yours should be pretty bichin when its done. Where do you paint now?

-Bryce

Have you ever given any thought to cuting a slot in the back where you would anticipate the main flow to strike and covering the outside of the slot with a piece of ductwork, (Like a forced air heating vent) Then reduce it down to a 4 inch pipe and hooking up the wet/dry shop vac?

I'd use pvc pipe rather than the shop vac hose,(The rings in the hose would trap dust to quickly) And not glue the pvc together so that it can easily be taken a part for cleaning. And remove the main foam filter so it wouldn't gum up, just use replacable prefilters. It should work and be an exhaust and dust collection system in one. Mostly what you get when you spray is dust any way.