AlamOso

Testing new prototype in-line spinner

I had some success in the last few weeks testing out a new spinner that I made to target Guadalupe Bass. You can see a report, which includes some more details about it by clicking the link below.

http://www.rivercitylures.50megs.com/rpts/20051203/20051203.htm

Here are a couple of pictures of the spinner. It's made by attaching a spinner shank onto a streamer fly hook, with some flash tied in and topped off with a paddle tail grub.

HillCountryHybrid1.jpg

HillCountryHybrid2.jpg

Wow looks great man! How long is it? Would love to try that on some Smallies up here in michigan. Is there anyway you could make it with a little larger front blade (spinner, or whatever it is)

Pm me am intrested in picking some of those up if you are making them to sell.

Muskiefool, thanks for your opinion on trout. I can't wait until I can test it in a trout stream.

Boomah, the overall length is 2-7/8". I have made a larger one with a #2 hook and #5 blade with a larger paddle tail grub. It was a little over 4" long. I probably will try to put it together as a product, but may still change a thing or two. It depends on some things working out. I sent you a PM.

Pop - that's a chrome plated brass cone head bead - the same that is used in fly tying. It has a "bell" shape that covers the grub nicely. They ar a lot like Bullet Weights. The size shown in the picture is 1/4" diameter. Go check out the fly section of any tackle shop, and I'm sure you'll find these conical beads.