BRYCE

Ok So Im A Devcon Dummie

I just finished putting the devcon on my first air brushed lure. This is also my first time using Devcon.

It came out all lumpy and uneven. How do you guys get that smooth uniform finish?

Is it better to put on a few light coats, or one thick one?

If someone could clue me in on how to use this stuff I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

-Bryce

I hope you used the Devcon 30 min and not the 5 min.

The 5 min will set before you can get it on.

The area you are applying the Devcon needs to be at least

70 deg.

Waltmart sells a small plastic brush in the model car

section that is ideal for applying the Devcon.

After the epoxy is applied.

The key is spinning the bait slowly, either by hand or

on a lure dryer. This allows the epoxy to "level" out

nicely on the lure. This will take about 30 min.

Also, do a search on this site. There is enough

written about Devcon to fill several books.

Hope this helps you out.

Coley

Take the cheapo hobby brushes cut the bristles so they are 1" long and time is of the essence mix thoroughly and keep a blow drier handy and a propane torch to get out any bubbles apply it as thin as possible if you have brush marks from application heat with blow drier and keep an eye on it because it will flow fast and you'll need to hit it with a brush again just keep practicing I still wince when I do it so practice on junk first Good luck

Bryce,

Since you know that you have the long cure Devcon, then you just need to spin it. Coley has the temp. right. You see, the colder Devcon is the longer it takes to cure. 75 deg. is the optimum temp for using Devcon. For every 5 degs. below that add 5 min. to your spinning time. At 75 deg. you can spin the lure between your fingers at around 6 rpm. for 20 min. for 70 deg. 25 min. Then you can hang the lure tail down and just let it cure for about 12 to 24 hrs. You can sand the heck out of Devcon and scratch it to bits. When you put on a second coat then all of the scratches will disappear and the lure will be good and clear.

Skeeter