Bait O' Eggs

Worm Oil ?

Found this site yesterday :D:D Did a lot of reading last night :D

I am fairly new to the homemade plastic lures. I think I am dialed in on melting the plastic and pouring the lure, but this addition of worm oil has me a bit confused.

What all works as worm oil? I have heard you can use baby oil, is that acceptable or will that bleed the colors and make them harder or softer??

How do you apply the worm oil, a drop or two in the plastic bag and then roll them around in the bag, put the oil on your hands and then rub the lures, ??????? :rolleyes:

There must be an easy way to apply the oil, and an option that I may already own rather than ordering something special for the actual oil?

Thanks for sharing so much information on this site?

You can use worm oil, pam, scent, softener and I have heard of people using baby oil, but I have not tried it.

I oil up my cookie sheet with worm oil and as I take the worms out of the molds, I roll them in the oil. They seem to soak it in pretty good so right before I bag them I add more. If I am bagging 25 worms, I will pile them up and put 25 drops on them and roll them around in it until they are all coated. Then I bag them.