Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dragline

Stencil question

8 posts in this topic

Does anyone know how to make a small word stencil (to be used with airbrushing). For example if I were making larger musky style baits and wanted to airbrush the lures name or lure makers name on the lure - how could this be done, if at all possible?

Found a book of cardboard stencils in the school supply section of the local Office Max. I cut the letters I needed and taped them together in a string. BG Lures is easy to do(my logo). You can order some metal letter stencils for sign making but I cant seem to find the link anymore. Penn State has a deal that will transfer ink from a morror image printed on paper to a flat surface but it is easy to let slip and make a mess after the bait is nearly done.You can get rubber stamps made with graphics or letters also. Ink stamps well on white bellies but it is hard to conform to rounded or irregular surfaces. Paint can be stamped as well but is kinda slick and easily smeared.

Jerk!

Why not do it the easy way and print what you want out on your printer using "Decal Paper?"

After printing, spray it with "Krylon Workable Fixatif", let it dry. Then slide it on like you would a decal on a model car or plane.

Here's where I buy mine .

sorry to budge in here,

i usually use lacquer based aerosol paint(rattle can) on my lures. what do u guys suggest i use to write on the belly/back? i've tried permanent markers, but whenever the devcon topcoat is applied, the writings get smudged. :( any way to rectify this?

thanx a heap

try a gel paint pen. available at staples or business depot. then put the clear on your bait

Make sure the ink is entirely dry. Then if you wait 5-10 minutes after you mix the clear coat before applying it the ink will not smudge. I haven't tried the gel-coat pens yet......I like that idea.

jed v.