sugarbear

What cleaner to use?

I am working on my first wooden lures. I have coated the bare wood with epoxy and plan to scuff the finish with either steel wool or perhaps 800 grit sandpaper. I was wondering if the Fantastic/Distilled water mixture that I use to thin the AA pearlized paints would be good to clean after scuffing and before airbrusing or is there something better to use? Also, after airbrushing, I plan to epoxy again. What should I use to clean at that stage? Thanks in advance for all help.

As far as cleaning after sealing,personally I just take a blower attachment on my air line and blow the bait off then lay them on a clean rag till painted.actually there is no need to sand after e-tex or epoxy coat unless there are imperfections you need to get out.You should'nt have any adhesion problems w/AA paints.I dont use AA paints but my understanding was you should'nt need to thin them.They're ready to spray right out of the bottle.Try to not use solvents to clean with because then you may have adhesion issues i.e.the paint lifting.