FiR3 TiG3R

new bait..hehehehe....

this is my 1st attempt at a jointed bait. floating, swims ~1m subsurface, tight wiggling action. designed after the Hampala Barb/Malaysian Jungle Perch (Hampala macrolepidota), used to target the Malaysian Giant Snakehead fish.

i have problems painting the belly white with my rattle can...i have always encountered this problem. i guess i really have to save up now to get myself an airbrush. :grin:

1. the Malaysian Jungle Perch

Sebarau-HampalaMacrolepidota4.jpg

2. oblique view

sebbie003.jpg

3. side view

sebbie011.jpg

4. the joint:

sebbie024.jpg

5. head shot

sebbie014.jpg

waiting for a 3rd coat of devcon, and some fin detailings. hope u guys like it.

next project: Slow sinking lipless swimbait! hahahahhaha.... if i ever figure out how to make it hehehheheh... CHEERS, MERRY XMAS & A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL U FOLKS AT TU!~!~!~!

thanx guys, all of u at TU.

here's how i did the jointed part:

shape the lure into intended shape till u're satisfied :D then halve it at the intended point(here i purposedly halved it to accentuate the black vertical bar of my fish). on the 1st portion, cut an inverted V shape. on the 2nd, shave the sides to make a everted V shape. paint, details, line ties, lips, dovcon n complete it 95%(except the joints & final topcoat)

the 1st portion:

drill in the holes as illustrated. using stainless steel wires, twist it into shape. epoxy the hole & the s/s wire and screw it in. the eyelets should be in horizontal position.

now that the 1st part has half the joint in place, twist another length of s/s wire into the joint. now u have the 2nd part of the hinge joint dangling from the back of ur half lure.

drill the 2nd part of the body now. same thing. the eyelets should be vertical. just epoxy the hole n s/s wire and push it in. it will hold. the trick is to make the angle of the joints not entirely parrallel, but offset at an angle so that the pulling forces translate into grip on the lure body. well, that's my load of crap, or at least how i think it works :D:D:D

when all are in place, just give it another topcoat n it's ready for the biggie!~!~!

here's my kindergarten-level drawings...hehheheeh :P

xray.jpg

Fire,

Very nice looking lure. I've been tempted to try a jointed lure. Now I defiantly will give it a try.

I've been looking at the site you posted on the lip-less and side swimming lures. I'm very intrigued by the side swimmer and I'm wondering how that would be weighted. I'm going to work on one and see what I can come up with.

Again great looking lure. I like the way you left it natural wood on the top it worked out well for the bait fish your copying.

Keep the new stuff coming.

Camel1918

Great job very impressive! Something I discovered to blend the edges of the belly and back when using spray cans is to use a sponge lightly dipped in the the same color spray paint and lightly tap in on the lure body to slowly apply paint so you can control how much is deposited. You can apply slowly drying between coats blending in until you get the desired effect. Keep up the good work -Ken

Fir3Tig3r,you continue to impress me as well as many others,I'm sure.You catch some crazy looking fish with your creations.Absolutely beautiful original pieces coming from the other side of the world.With the resources available to you, I sure hope you are able to acquire what you feel you need or want with an airbrush and other paint supplies, and I am looking forward to seeing your work after these items are added to your tool list.If I could, I would almost buy those items for you just because I want to see your creativity expand.In my case, I have all of the finish products needed, except a drying wheel, but I need some quality digital equipment in a bad way. :cry: Keep up the awesome work and maintain that enthusiasm that only comes with the labors of loving what you do. :D