Sign in to follow this  
kahawai

new musky/pike hard swimbaits....

8 posts in this topic

kahawai    0

hi, i'm pretty new here. i am located in the UK and fish mainly for pike. been making lures for a few years now. attached are images of a couple of lures from my latest batch. photo finish thanks to knowledge gained from here. action is "S" swimming motion with a little roll.

Peter

183-8317a_img_887.jpg

183-8317a_img_887.jpg

183-8317a_img_887.jpg

183-8317a_img_887.jpg

183-8317a_img_887.jpg

183-8317a_img_887.jpg

183-8317a_img_887.jpg

183-8317a_img_887.jpg

1699_thumb.attach

savacs    0

Hy guys! Really nice work. I'm jhust working at 3 swimbaits. They r thru wired, and prime coated, tomorrow i'll be weighting them.

@kahawai 2 of the of the pieces i'm working on r pikes, good detailed ones(5 ynch ones, without the tail), i'll post the finished work next week... And how did u weigh them. I'm thinking especially at the pike. And really nice work u've done there. Like how the foil photo finish looks. Impressive.

@Ilini How long r urs?? Can't tell how small they r. I want to make really small swimbaits(liples). I'm thinking 6-7cm small. Kind of a hard project of mine, but i'll mannage eventually, cause i'm a stubern guy. These will only have one joint. I think i might have seen a decoy fish colored i guess exactly like that pearch(do u do stuff like that as well)

Hope i get some answers out of u! :D:rolleyes:

kahawai    0

hi savacs,

mine are thru wired too. i weight each section to hang horizontally. this means a front and back type arrangement for the longer section(like you would a glider) and a middle arrangement for the shorter sections.

regards

Peter

savacs    0

Thx kahaway! Just another question. The small joints i guess u weightd them somwhere in the middle.

Thx for the info! The pikies i mentioned shouldn't be going right to left no matter where the weight is put? Meanning when i pull them regularely through the water.

It's just a rookie q, at least with these baits. The 3rd one swims s action when twitched, but that ayn't none of the pikies :((. The worst i could do is ruin one, and if it don't wotk, have another one to spare.

Illini Nate    0

Savacs,

Mine are 9" (perch) and 7" (bass) long. I made one that was about 4 inches in the past and it swam pretty well but it had a lot tighter tail kick rather than a lazy S swim. Sorry it too me so long to get back to your question.

Nate

p.s. I haven't painted any decoys in the past