BB

lead?

I have made a few of those type of baits. Like most cranks, its a matter of experimenting till you are happy and it works for that bait. I have used nail weights in the past. Drill a hole the same size and add little bits of the weight till you are happy with the way it floats or its action. Epoxy over everything, sand smooth and paint as normal. It worked for me.

mossy maker

By torpedo lure, you mean something like a tiny torpedo prop bait? On mine, I place the lead in the belly about the mid point of the plug. Mine sit verticle in the water with the nose sticking out. The extra lead makes for longer casts and helps keep the plug from spinning. Too little lead and the prop with cause the plug to spin on retrieve.

Andrew

Nail weights or insert weights are lead weights that resemble a finishing nail. They are typically used to weight soft plastics like flukes. I use them because they are quick and easy, you could make your own if you wanted. I believe Lunker City makes them, but I'm sure there are other brands. The last I bought came from Bass Pro. Hope this helps.

mossy maker