Hoodaddy

Airbrush question/problem???

It sounds like it needs a good cleaning.

What kind of paint are you using?

If you are using acrylic paints, regular windex will do wonders cleaning your brush.

I am not familiar with that brush but it could also be a seal leaking. Check at the tip and see if there is a seal of some sort. Make sure there is no paint on or around it. That could be causing the air to leak.

I would still first break it down and clean it good. An old tooth brush and a pipe cleaner with some windex should have it working like new.

I dont belive its a cleaning problem because everytime I spray a new color I not only run clean water thru it I run windex through it also.Maybe its too clean LOL.I'll try sealing the threads and see if that doesnt help because I looked at the parts list and did'nt see a gasket or seal,o-ring etc. By the way I am using Pactra acrylics.I used to spray oils but too much clean-up and smell.Also had a few problems with paint adhesion when it came time to clear........Thanks

I see a bit of bubbling around tip threads but it has never been a problem. The only time I see bubbles in my paint cup is when I forget to take the tip cover off before spraying. That suggests you may have blockage caused by a mismatched or damaged tip/needle/cone. It's EASY to get them mixed up.

I had the exact same problem. I talked to some artist and I think I posted the same thing. It is air leakage from the threads of the cap. Use Bee's wax. It is sold at many art supply stores. It is made and sold primarily for sealing the threads in airbrushes to prevent leakage. It is kind of expensive but a one ounce jar will last a life time. It is very solid so after smearing a little on the threads I use a hot air gun to melt it and let it flow around them. It takes a very very very small amount. If you use too much it will kind of get messy and then ya got to clean the airbrush out and start all over. I wipe a little of the residue from my fingers on the needle also and this really helps keep the tip cleaner a little longer and makes the tip easier to clean also.