Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
michael merrill

Opinions from those who have been there

2 posts in this topic

Hey fellas,I am gaining more and more desire to build myself a drying wheel.At the present time,I currently have drying racks which hold twelve lures each.These racks simply hang the lures,but could easily be installed into a custom wheel.I would like to hear some opinions from those who started out like this,but later converted to a wheel.I feel like there are probably many advantages that I don't realize, not having done it. :? The driving factor that stands out to me would be time and money saved by reduction of lost clearcoat,not to mention the thicker protection that would be provided. B) I would love to hear someone chime in who has witnessed the benefits.Also like to hear some considerations that I may not recognize.Thanx.

I just put my drying wheel together yesterday and am upset that I didn't do it earlier. I was using holes drilled into a board to stand my baits up after clear coating them.

The first 18 baits that I spun have no runs sags or drips & the coats are also much smoother.

All I can say is build a wheel.

Now it's off to wally-world to get more Exacto knife handles.