vishezfish

Mailing baits..

With my online business, I send a ton of US Mail and UPS to boot. I wouldn't pay for insurance on baits. What you can consider is Delivery Confirmation, which costs about .55 to .65. This has a bar code and a number code. Merely type in the number code at the US mail website or call the 800 number. You really only need to check them if someone claims to have not received their package. I have shipped a few thousand packages the last 3 years and have yet to have a package not reach its destination. Most of the time I don't bother with the delivery confirmation either. I have had two packages in the last couple of years that took about 3 weeks to get where it was going and it was a first class mail, 2-4 day package.

Tim

I'd give it a few more days..........at least until the end of this week to see if it arrives. The post office is still running behind from the holidays. A customer of mine in North Carolina waited 10 working days before receiving his order.

I don't insure any packages, but I probably should. I usually end up losing a box or two every year.

I wont ship anything unless its insured and get the tracking info. even if its one bottle of color.

if you ship not insured your going to eat it, you eat too many and its going to hurt.

we had a few months were it seemed fed x and usps lost almost everything we shipped, realistcally is was more like 1 out of 10 packages, however we get quite a few damaged packages from time to time and tahst where the insurance helps

generally usps and fed x and also UPS dont loose items but it does happen. items do get lost from time to time as well.

The tracking for usps in my opinion is a waste, the only thing it tells you is when it was shipped and when it was delievered and most of the time they are off a few days. That being said most of our customers want the tracking number for usps, that way at least they have a referance to go by.

Delw

If you ship USPS, you should be using on-line click-n-ship!!!!!

You get FREE delivery confirmation!!!!! You can save up to 1000 customer names on-line in the USPS database and the USPS sends an email, with the tracking number, to the individual.

How can you go wrong with that???? In over a year and 1/2, I have had "0" problems with the USPS system...

I can't believe when I get packages that are not in a Flat Rate envelope ($3.85 for all you can get in the envelope..weight up to 65lbs) AND somebody actually paid for delivery confirmation when you can get it for free!!!!!!!

Jim

USPS is great for us here in canada too, usually only gotta pay $5. or so for customs/duty... fedex and UPS i 've been charged $50. for clearing a $30. item, talk about getting squeezed... thankfully 99% of the time i have my items shipped to my father in laws U.S. address and clear it myself, saves lots of hassle...

and i like to insure everything i send, usually it's free.

anyways, that's just a little advice for anyone shipping cross border, USPS or Canada Post is the way to go lol

Thanks guys for all your input... I'm going to check out the ups online shipping that Jim was talking about... Jim what do you do... ?? Does it print out the label ? I'm assuming I need to by some sort of mailing stamp for my computer??

Thank you all agian, I'm going to check ups out right now...!

I only use USPS through Paypal. I even figured out how to do it if they don't pay with paypal.

You get free delivery confirmation and insurance up to like $500. I even had to make a claim and they took care of it.

Like Jim mentioned, the Flat Rate Envelope is the only way to go. $3.85 to anywhere in the US, no matter the weight.

USPS is the only way I ship baits too. As most of you, I also use the flat rate envelopes to ship everything up to 70 lbs. I thought I should make everyone aware that starting January 8th, 2006, USPS flat rate priority mail envelopes will go up in price from $3.85 to $4.05. The flat rate priority mail box will go up from $7.70 to $8.10. Insurance will also be affected. If you have an online store, make the changes accordingly.

Ryan,

Do not buy the prepaid flat-rate envelopes any more. I used to do that until I found out that you can print the shipping labels through USPS or PayPal. Just order the flat-rate envelopes (no postage printed) from the USPS website and they will be delivered to your place for free or you may have to pay $1.00 for shipping (do not remember...), but the envelopes are free of charge, and use either the USPS website to create them or Paypal. Both allow you to insure your items online which you would not be able to do this with a prepaid flat-rate envelope. Also, take advantage of the "next day carrier pickup" feature from USPS which is free and save yourself a trip to the post office to mail your baits.