finlander

Images of fish

Try google's Image Search. Use words like "Fish ID" or the specific type of fish you're interested in. Once you start to find them, you'll probably find some with the Latin names. Use them to do another search and you should find some more.

Some of the various state DNR websites have ID pictures, too. Ohio does, for one.

Once you get some lures made with the photos, please remember to show us.

hmmm.. what about this. everyone who's got a pic of any bait fish post it in this thread for all to use? then it would be much easier to cut n paste heheheh

currently i am not using my PC(my pics are there), will post some pics when i get it back.

here are some to begin with:

gizzardm.jpg

spanish20sardine.jpg

or even better...use ur digicam n get a clear shot of a fish. that will give better size n details.

happy new year to y'all...

After I went to bed last night I remembered about the Google search and images. Michigan's DNR sight has some too. The whitefish is what I am after. Used some bass, walleye and perch last summer. That was on the old computer and I believe that is where my images went. I have a fair digital camera, but am still computer illiterate. I will have to learn how to show the pict's on this site. Thanks for the help,..again. Bruce

www.americanfishes.com

I put it in my "favorites" when it was posted ealier last year. I use it often for a reference when painting.

P.S. How's it been going guys? I kinda took a hiatus from baits, as I suffered from a bit of a "burnout" (too many buddies wanting stuff...and not enough time to figure things out proper..ie..swimming/weighting/etc). Now, I'm back B)

Awhile back there were posts about printing images of fish on tissue paper, then adhereing them to a lure body. I backtracked about 8 months and did not see it. What I am after is a website where i can get the pictures from... thanks, the Finn

Here's a link to the article. http://www.tackleunderground.com/board/kb.php?mode=article&k=43

As for pictures, Google Images and Yahoo Images are readily available. Personally, I prefer taking pic with a digital Camera at the highest resolution. That way, the pics are yours to use anyway you want and the quality is much better. JMHO