michael merrill

A new twist on an old idea

For the purpose of having the absolute toughest wood body protection prior to finish(regardless of paint type),is it possible to substitute acetone and polycarbonate as a sealer,which would be applied like the virgin lacquer and solo cup combo.If so ,I wonder if after dilution is the integrity of those plastics are compromised?I know that there are guys here who could offer up their advice based on knowledge and/or experience.Thanx. :)

I tryed to dilute polycarbonate in acetone but it don't work at all. All thet the acetone does to the poly is it whitens it and it softens it. May be if i leave it for an year or so it would melt :D:lol: :-D

It's just like PET material used for 2L coca cola bottles. U can't solve it.

PLS don't ask why cause i deffenetly won;t be able to answer that q as well. I didn;t have time to research that much :D

Many plastics remain soft after exposure to solvents kind of like model cars do if you use to much glue. I'm sure that there is something out there that would work but it's probably out of our reach requires some specialized equipment to use. Maybe we should leave our baits uncoated so they don't last as long so we can sell more of them. :twisted: