Big Splash

Fluid bed info needed...

They basically fluff up the powder paint so that it will apply more evenly to the jigheads or whatever you are painting. They do it by applying very small air bubbles through the bottom of the fluid bed, so that they lift the powder paint as they rise through it. Some fluid beds also vibrate to add to their effectiveness. I paint jigheads up to 1 oz. in my small fluid bed; it seems like there is plenty of room to do bigger baits. The 4 oz. jigs might be pushing it; depends on the style & length.

Elkin pretty much has it on how a fluid bed works. It uses air to pump through the powder paint to cause it to become fluid like. This allows you to easily dip jigs, blades, spoons, even keys or anything metal into it. Since the powder paint is less dense when it is fluid, you will use less paint but still provide an even coat. I have had users who purchased the fluid beds I make paint 8oz jigs with no problems. I can custom make different depth cups if you would need a cup more than 3" deep. There is a limit on the depth of the cup, but I have not reached it yet. If you have any other questions on a fluid bed, please let me know. I would be happy to help.

Thanks!

Benjamin

I bought one of dayooper's fluid beds off of e-bay and like it a lot! It works much better that putting the lid back on the paint jar and shaking it every 3 or 4 jigs to keep the paint fluffy. I also bought a couple of extra cups from him so that I could keep my highest usage paints in the cups instead of having to pour back into the containers every time I switch colors.