michael merrill

Anyone know about 007's

There used to be a luremaker somewhere around Cincinnati who made several different sizes of the same shaped flat crank whose name is 007.At one time Dixie Marine sold them but now they don't.Anyone here know of this line and where to find them?Those flats had a great fishcatching action.The weight was an inverted bullet sinker,and those suckers would kill 'em in gin clear water.If anyone can help out, thanx. :)

How long ago has this been? If it was a guy named Hargus Miller I might be able to help you out.I just purchased all his stuff last year.He got out of it and moved south. Also I have prototypes of another lure maker who used to work for G.E. and also moved south.(name eludes me at the moment),having a senior moment :cry:

How long ago has this been? If it was a guy named Hargus Miller I might be able to help you out.I just purchased all his stuff last year.He got out of it and moved south. Also I have prototypes of another lure maker who used to work for G.E. and also moved south.(name eludes me at the moment),having a senior moment :cry:

First of all sorry for the dbl.post...another senior moment!! Ahhh now that that is over,the guy may be Art Chultheis(not sure of spelling) who made A.C. Shiners.I'm not familiar w/a 007 but I do know that he made a 001 model.I also am pretty sure that he is/was up in the years,and dont know if he's still around or if someone else took over cause you can still get 'em down at Afeild.Not sure about Dixie.I know that Gary Dees(D Baits)pretty much took that over.

First of all sorry for the dbl.post...another senior moment!! Ahhh now that that is over,the guy may be Art Chultheis(not sure of spelling) who made A.C. Shiners.I'm not familiar w/a 007 but I do know that he made a 001 model.I also am pretty sure that he is/was up in the years,and dont know if he's still around or if someone else took over cause you can still get 'em down at Afeild.Not sure about Dixie.I know that Gary Dees(D Baits)pretty much took that over.

It was definitely not Art in Okeana(A.C. Shiners).The name was 007,not a model of.Only problems were with clearcoating durabilty...it would tear very large portions out... down to the foil.It has been at least 7 years...a few years before Brian's unfortunate departure from the tackle dept.If you could post a pic. of one, I would know immediately.I would be very interested in buying some, if you would. :D By the way, Wee Baits are still under the glass also.Go Wes!!

I have no way to post pics at this time,have'nt moved the computer upstairs and am on Web Tv right now.Been wanting to post a few pics of baits but just not the highest priority at the moment.BTW the other guy I could'nt think of yesterday was Asher Baits,but its also been too long a time span for what your looking for.They were excellent on the river at that time.If you want to see any of them p.m. me,it sounds like your in the area.