Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kahawai

foam beginner's questions...

27 posts in this topic

one more observation - the higher temp - the harder foam you'll get. Harder, but with bigger pores (bubbles). Lower temps will cause foam get crusty, it breaks easily, but pores are small. Once I heated up to 50C (placed heater near the molds) and I demolded rock-hard marble structure lures with very big pores - it was unable to paint them, air was expanding primer and topcoat.

BTW - the older foam, the higher temp you'll need to get good structure. When I started my Foam-it pack, it was enough 25-30C, now I have to heat working place up to 40C

So you'll have to find optimum temp to pour foam

P.S. we have a real thaw here in Lithuania: from -30 temps droped to -20C :grin:

Hi Guys,Thank's for all the infos!!!!It help me a lot and save me a lot of time and $$$ :-D I finaly made my first prototype tonight! :) test it in the bath tub for balace and to see how it rise and the water and it seam allright!!! :D perfectly orizontal in the water whit the lip and trebles!and about 3/4 in the water.

The next test is the real one!! :cry: open water!and will let you know the results!

Cheers,muskydan666

test_lure_1_002_150.jpg

test_lure_1_002_150.jpg

test_lure_1_002_150.jpg

test_lure_1_002_150.jpg

test_lure_1_002_150.jpg

test_lure_1_002_150.jpg

test_lure_1_002_150.jpg

test_lure_1_002_150.jpg

1718_thumb.attach