Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bassinjody

first crankbait problems

5 posts in this topic

this is my first post i mad this crankbait out of ceder sealed it then painted then epoxied but when it sits in water it leans to the left i did not put lead in for ballast should i have

Yes you sould have. Just drill a hole in the belly and insert some lead and seal it back up. Don't throw it away use it to learn by.

it really depends on the size and shape of the bait. many are not weighted. is it a round or flat sided bait

Jody,

Hang in their...It's possible your I screws aren't perfectly centerd,or one side of the bait could be slightly larger.I generally always pour some lead in the bottom of my baits too act as a Ballast.This improves the castability of the bait,helps it swim correct,and can hide minor defencies in your bait.

Use this first bait as your guine pig,and learn from it.Drill a small hole in the bottom center of the bait,and add some weight...that just might fix your problem..Nathan

Depending on how much it is leaning to one side, sometimes you can bend the hook eye a little. You could also try a bigger hook instead of drilling into the bait.

mossy maker