finlander

rotissiere motor

Lowe's had them in the grill accessories here in Chattanooga, TN, Wal-Mart lawn garden employees just gave me the deer in the head lights look, and then said duhh what iz that there thing ya lookin fer, a roto what? Told them never mind.. looked hing and low right b4 xmas .. no where but Lowe's had them and they only had 4 2 at 19.99 an 2 at 39.99.

I saw several motors on ebay for 5 -10 dollars but by the time I paid for ship could just go to Lowes and get the $20 dollar one that had warranty on it. But I guess Santa got sick of me bitchin bout it and bought me one :) I tried paint stirring motors , record players, etc .. the Rotisserie universal kit was the simplest.

N.R.G.- tried our Lowe's on the fone but they have a two day introduction by some taped employee, I did not want to wait that long. I'll stop by and see. One question for you though- what fits into the 'collar' ...square stock? The one I have uses square but it is a size I cannot find. Thanks. :D

The Universal kit comes with rod, and brackets to mount to boards. Here's what I set up when I first got it. crude but works, what you see attached holding the bait, is a hobby magnifier I took off the base and lens and clamped it to the meat hooks. of course this is only good for two at a time. since then I welding on stiff springs to the meat hooks and put gator clamps in the end of the spring, I now have 2 lures per hook for a total of 16 baits at a time. But there are many variations of this on here to try some use wood wheel with dowels and gator hooks at end of dowels. I used this cause was what I had laying around.

luredryingrack2.jpg

hobbymaghandsfree.jpg

Just found one at Meijers this week. I have seen Mike King's setup, last time was two weeks ago. My question is what do I need for the other end of 'his' rack design, what I mean is is it as simple as a bolt with washers? so the rack spins without hangups. If I don't get reponses here under this I will repost under a new title. Thanks Tom. :D

Run a 38" carriage through the end of the rack so a couple of inches sticks out. Use a washer and nut to secure it to the rack.Slide the collar that came with the rotisserie onto the carraige bolt and tighten the wing nut on the collar.I put grease on the collar also so it does not wear out.

Tom

Been away and just got back....I have it set up now. Mounted it between two sawhorses. Simple, I want to see how it will go when i add a lure or 3 to it. Thanks for the tip on greasing the collar. I still have to work on the clamo system for each lure nut that earlier method that was posted sounds like it will work.