savacs

Another question about foam molding!

Vy,

It's wax made for models. Jewelers use it to sculpt fine detail without it breaking. It can be tooled easily and repaired with a pen torch. I've got a couple plates of the purple I'm saving for a tutorial.

http://www.dumatt.com/Waxes%20folder/Wx.pg4.Bar.html

Here's a link showing wax in a large sculpture for casting bronze

http://www.bergbronze.com/gallery/dragon.htm

As molds... if the wax lasts for a few hundred blanks and are easy to cast as molds it might be worth looking into. When they are cooled they are ready to use. I'd suggest the keysets in the russian polyester/concrete mold tutorial. I don't have the link to that forum anymore :(... Vy you got that link handy?

Shawn

Excellent work Dennis! Welcome to Tackleunderground :) I'd like to see more pics of your lures and molds.

Tight Lines' date='

Shawn[/quote']

Correction: those are not mine. I tried to make my own lures with this technology, but lost interest. It sure as hell works, but I believe it is more fun to deal with wood. That's what brings me here. I am trying to catch up with you, guys, so for a while, I am just reading. But I promise, you will see my lures, sooner or later.

P.S.

The tutorial on epoxy cranks was written by Viktor Vlasenko, the owner of the best internet resource on fishing in Russia.