jerkbait

3 new cranks

Here is a cross-section of the Buko crank in its newest form.

3crank3uk.th.jpg

I wanted a thinner profile, more shad like. The bottom one is standard shape and the top 2 are new style. They have 3 grams of lead between the front hook and lip. I tried a new lip in the top one to get a little more depth. It still thumps real hard but will get about 4'-6' with 15# line. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, they rattle. Brass tube installed in the tail sideways with shot inside and capped with hard plastic. They all swim great but have the hooks removed to send out to guys I am swapping with.

The Chart crank is just like the ones I musky fish with only thinner. It swims to 2 feet with a wiiide wobble and good belly roll. They also make a nice twitch bait on the surface. The lip angle lets it roll and swim over cover real well in the flows I fish regularly. Hard to hang up. Havent tried to troll that one but the others in this same series track great. I put rattles in this bunch just to see if the stripers like them better.

The shad patten is one I have worked on for a while now. It is a combination on 2 different meshes. I do a gray fog over top of body and then fog that with Blue chameleon. Put the small mesh on and spray light coat of white. Bigger mesh over small and shoot peal white. Ligth dust of silver down the back and it gives an interesting look. All paints are createx.

Jerk