Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DSaavedra

Lip Material

10 posts in this topic

What are some good lip materials for crankbaits? :rolleyes: I was thinkin of usin plexi-glass and/or plastic knives. Are those OK to use?

go to your local hardware or glass store. they mau have lexan scraps. its tuffer then plastic

Check with some plastics companies in your area.A lot of times they have leftover pieces of Lexan from different jobs and if you time it right they will give you scraps.Some guys are using circuit board but I dont know the pluses or minuses on it just yet.

I think the separators on those specialy made for cigaretes shelvs, are made of lexan. I have a friend that works in the equiping stores with shelves and everything they need except the products they sell, that gave me a bunch. And i'm really satisfied with it, it's deffenetly policarbonate, but u'll find t only in one size, so that's the dissadvantage.

Plexiglass will break. If you want a clear lip use lexan or another brand of polycarbonate. You could also order some lips from a tackle supplier.

I went ahead and decided to use the plastic knife anyway Greg, so in you face! :twisted: Just playin :-D But its the really strong kind of plastic and its crystal clear. Its not like the wimpy kind at school. :P And since i cut in in the shape of a small bill, it makes it even stronger.