Hoodaddy

Looking for opinion

Since I joined up on this site my finished product has come along 10 fold :wink: but there is one thing driving me crazy :rolleyes: I'm tired of scraping paint and clear off of my hook hangers after it done.I know theres gotta be a better way.I have a couple ideas but I would like to hear some other opinions.Any suggestions??

I use 1/4" masking tape...use just enough to make two or three wraps around the eye...then base, paint and clear. After it dries run a dull pocket knife around the tape edge and pull. The taping takes a little time but it's worth it. I clearcoat with Devcon and have done this with screw eyes, stainless and brass hangers without any problems.

I've seen a little battery operated sodering gun used for fixing plastic worms that supposed too clean out eye screws too.I personally use a old set of split ring pliers..The notch fits well into the eye screws..give a squeeze,and rotate back and forth a couple times,and its clean..Nathan