Jmc-bass

Little Petey Crankbaits

I've found a new affinity for these kind of plugs myself. Finished this one Saturday. Took it for a test ride Sunday, in 48-degree water. Caught two fish, both of them on this plug. Never got a sniff on anything else, and I normally catch quite a few on trap type baits this time of year.

d-plug_179.jpg

d-plug_179.jpg

d-plug_179.jpg

d-plug_179.jpg

d-plug_179.jpg

d-plug_179.jpg

d-plug_179.jpg

d-plug_179.jpg

1721_thumb.attach

not sure what happened to that photo. Anyway, it has pearl sides, medium blue back with a little orange on the throat.

Nothing like Blackjack's colors, but the fish seem to like it. I'd sure recommend bass fishermen pick up a few from him. I suspect this bait is just as tremendous in late Oct., Nov. as it is in the early spring.

Jmc,

If Blackjack says that he has some originals then you can bet that they are. Personally, I would just buy his and forget it. Blackjack is one of the few true crankbait makers in the country that really works hard at his craft and knows what he is doing. He is not a crack pot or a fake...... he is the real deal. His shallow water crankbaits are some of the finest that I have ever fished. As a matter of fact I only know of one crankbait maker that is better than he is. B)

Skeeter

Sorry fellas,especially you Blackjack.I didnt mean to offend anyone by what I said.I was only kidding anyhow but seems I struck a sore spot.Theres not a doubt that they are top of the line if not only for their fish catching abilities their esthetic value.I personally have a couple of local baits that I would'nt part with.

I kinda thought you might like that shape, Blackjack. :D

I had been making mainly round baits, but a buddy of mine waxed me on a Lohr's Little Cassie a couple of weeks ago, so I decided I'd give something like it a try.

I didn't have any of these kind of baits myself, but looked at pics of three different kinds on the Internet when designing it. No doubt, it probably came out closer to your Lil' Runt than the lil' Cassie or the other bait I was looking at.