Sign in to follow this  
RangerZ

Opaque G-10 of Micarta

10 posts in this topic

RangerZ    0

Anybody know where I can get some of the whitish looking Micarta. I tried some of the stuff from McMaster-Carr but was not impressed with it. It was G7 I believe. I would like to find some G10 in this color but all I have found is the Brown/Green. Thanks. Chris

jklett    0

Try a search for FR4 laminate. That is the stuff used in circuit board manufacturing. It is tannish colored but if you paint one side black it appears green on the other. I think that is the stuff you need.

RangerZ    0

The white g7 is not opaque more like solid white and seems to splinter more when working it, with fiberglass strands sticking out. I have the greenish/brown g10 and I am happy with it. Trying to find some of the whitish color for shad pattern baits.

RangerZ    0

I am already using the greenish/brown color. I was looking for a whitish color. Maybe instead of looking for G10, I should ask if there is any material similar to G10 in a whitish color that guys are using. Thanks for the help.

BobP    832

McMaster-Carr's G-10 is definitely yellow, their G-11 is a more neutral greenish (and stronger than G-10). www.asp-rocketry.com is an amateur rocketry site that sells the whitest greenish G-10 I've seen. It's a couple of bucks more expensive than McMaster's.