acklac7

Dealing with odors (for the Business guys)

Ok, so I have talked to a local tackle shop in town and they have agreed to sell my products. Im in the process of incorporating (EIN,taxes,etc), and my next step is to purchase equipment...However I am having some concerns about my current production "facility".

I am planning on using the shed in the backyard for most of my production. Only problem is there will be neighbors within 10ft of the shed, at times.

Currently I am pouring calhoun's with pirex..And the stuff stinks pretty bad. I am planning on running an extensive ventilation system, but even with that I am afraid of "odor complaints" from neighbors.

So I got a couple of questions for the business guys: I intend to purchase stay-warm pots...do they emit as much smoke/odor as pirex? If so is there some sort of filter I can attach to my vent line to reduce the odor?(like a carbon filter?)

Anyone else run there business from home? If so how close are your neighbors? Where do you vent? Ever get any complaints?...Thanks for your help!!! Trying to pull all this together by mid March...Going to be tough but I think I can do it :rolleyes:

I run all my stuff in a shed that is close to the neighbors. Only complaint I have ever gotten was that the beep..beep...beep..from the mic was funny to hear late at night.

I use a different plastic but the odor is less with a Sta-warm, in my opinion, than with the mic....

Neighbors have never complained about the smell so I have never attempted to filter the air...

Jim