Dink Mendez

Traditional Crankbait shapes or Flat sided crankbaits!

Howdy,

What is more effective in clear or stained water. Flat sided crankbaits or traditional shaped baits. All baits in balsa wood. The reason I'm asking is because I will be trying to fish balsa wood crankbaits in a lake dominated in spotted bass. I would like to fish a zone between 5 and 15 feet. I will not be making the baits, just the assembly process to finish. I just trying to crack the code on the lake I fish. About 99% of the angler fish spinnerbait and rip baits. So my goal is to find some thing to trigger the big spots to hit. Thanks

Dink Mendez

I give up predicting if bass prefer a flat or a round crankbait on a given day but usually start with a flat sided tight action bait because I feel that most days, most lakes, it will get more bites. Especially in spring and fall but don't discount them year round. That's not rigorous analysis based on hard data - just one guy's opinion based on personal expeience.