jigman

Tube tools

as I recall people state that you want to get round razor wheel from fabric or craft store. You end up with like a pizza cutter but small and has about 5+ cutter wheels on it. not shure about the tool itself but if they make the wheels then they should make a handle and you can space the blades apart if needed with washers or shims. do some searching here and you will find a pic somewhere. I saw it along time ago

I made a tube slicer from #3 carpet blades and a can crusher. I put a chunk of aluminum on the bottom surface, it works damn good. fish tubes in springtime. LoL. I slit the wood face on the ram with a sheet metal blade, jammed the blades in and hit em with devcon 2 part... Pretty permanent unless something ugly happens. Tubes cut with a nice loud POP noise!

I agree with BigZ on this one. Cheap and works well. You can get the can crusher at Harbor Freight if you have one near you. I think they run about $7. This is what I started with and if you are just going to make baits for you and a few others you shouldn't have any problems. I myself hated the round blades but other guys love them. We run all pneumatic cutters now they work great but they will eat fingers :twisted:

One other thing on the can crusher is to make sure you blades are perpendicular to the base or they will not cut all the way through.

I made the crusher from an old herters reloading press cam,lever and shaft. The casting on the reloader frame stress cracked pressing 45-70 loads last year (know anyone that needs.45-70, 35 rem and .375 H&H belted mag herters dies?).I made a simple frame with a yoke and .5" t6 aluminum plates. Everything is put together with set screws....but I like fire too much to weld...LOL

It works...and it was as cheap as free!