tactical bass

Plastisol in Canada?

Hi all, I'm pretty sure I've read a post about it before, but is plastisol available anywhere in Canada? Are all you fellow Canucks buying from Del or Lurecraft? What's shipping like on say a gallon/5 gallons? Seems everytime I order tackle from the states it's shipped UPS or Fedex and I pay brokerage fees thru the t*ts and turns out cheaper just to buy in Canada in the end.

Sorry for all the questions, I'm a newbie here.

TB

Plastisol; as far as I know; is not available in Canada. :cry:

When I was buying it in 5 gal containers I requested it be shipped buy mail. It's a little slower but you won't pay all those brokerage charges. All you will pay is the $5 customs fee at the post office. I use the same setup when I order the other supplies as well.

PM me if you want any more advice. :)

well, i at one point had a link to a supplier in Hamilton, Ont... however, it was $100 a gallon (yeah, i said gallon, it's not a typo). So even with UPS charges, it's cheaper, tho living on the borded i just bring my stuff back myself (i really oughta buy and resell the plastic and stuff lol).

I know taht if you ship via USPS there's no fee in most cases, i say most cases but i haven't heard of anyone being charged more then $5. brokerage but you do have to pay GST and Duty.... not sure you can ship a 5gal pail of plastic through usps tho...

Usps,

Sometime it takes up to 3 months to show up, then if it doesnt show up you have to wait 30-90 days Thats right no days to get a refund on the lost items.

So you have 2 people that get burned, The seller and the buyer. The seller sits waiting hopeing the post office will refund the money, and the buyer is chewing the seller out waiting for his shipment.

Fedex:

great for the buyer but a ripp off for the seller,

Fed ex will ship the product pretty fast if the buyer doesnt pay tax's duties or what have you 6 months later it gets charged to the seller comes right off his account and you cant fight it, so you hope the buyer will reimburse you.

UPS the only way to go both for buyer and seller.

it shows up fast has real tracking. Plus they wont hand it over unless the buyer pays full fees.

This is one reason why we went to UPS cause I got tired of loosing quite a bit of money to canada, I wont sell any plastic to canada unless it goes UPS.