attached are a couple of photos that I took of a bait I somewhat finished. One of the pictures shows the bait and nothing more. The other is the same pic with the layout painted (microsoft paint) on the bait.
I made this first bait out of pine just to get an idea down. Once I get something I really like I have some basswood waiting to see the saw. The bait still needs a lot of fine sanding around the bill, eyelets, etc, etc but I was hoping that some of you kind people would take a look at my bait, check out the layout and tell me what you think.
I apologize for the hole on the side of the bait. The bait was a lot thicker and well when I sanded it down I did not realize that I hit my drill hole for the weight. The lip material is also a little thick but all I had available at the time so I just sanded down the front edges and it turned out sort of cool.
Since I live in Indiana (stupid winter) I have only had a chance to run it in the bathtub where it at least floats upright and seems to have a wobble.
Thanks a bunch,